Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So,

After we travelled to Cinque Terre from Lucca by train yesterday having to change twice ond only just making our connection at Viareggio due to the train being late to Lucca. Fortunately the sun decided to shine for our walk around fom the 1st village to the second (Manarol) so it was looking its best. We stopped for lunch at Manorola where we had some of the best fish. I had anchovie casserole 5 Terre style and true to form Grant had the mixed fish grill wasted on him as he never sucks the shells. (So I did) seriously the best meal. Back on the path to the next village . The path to the next village is closed due to all the rain they have had and we had to catch the train to Monterosso. We arrived early and sat and had drinks in the sun and watched the local Life Saver grooming the beach and the old men playing pentaque. Have had a great slow start to the day today also so feeling like we are having a mini holiday within the holiday which I think we were needing as its been full days on our feet for 10 days now.. Also free Wi Fi allows us to catch up with all the jobs. It all very well bringing the technology with you but it takes time. Did you know that Grant being Grant we have a net book an Ipod, two phone and a camera!!!!! Drives me nuts but i do like being able to keep in touch. Look forward to hearing that you're all OK so talk to me!


Love Wendy & Grant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th May 2010

Lovers Lane
I hope you stopped off at Lovers Lane for the photo! It is such a beautiful area.
19th May 2010

Bulte's have been watching
Have been following your travels with interest. Been especially noting what you've been wearing in the photos - looking for some insight into what the temperatrures might be like and what we should pack when we go (in less that a month... what happened to all the time I had up my sleeve??)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb