Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
November 13th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ManorolaManorolaManorola

Sunset over Manorola in Cinque Terre, Italy
Well I decided not to conclude my adventures just yet Italy needs a chapter on it's own.

The drive from Geneva saw us cross through France and witness the awesomeness of Mont Blanc, it is huge! We then headed past a magnificent glacier and into a massive tunnel that heads into Italy.

I was the lucky bugger to be driving so I got the first taste of Italian traffic.

WELCOME TO TORINO!

We decided to stay in Torino (or Turin) for a night but had no map of where to go, just some directions in the Lonely Planet Guide. After 3 mega death round abouts with no rules what so ever and a endless drive through shitty streets we decided enough was enough and on to Cinque Terra down the coast.

Our journey had already been some hours and we had just added a few more on.
Once we finally arrived, Shaun went on a mission to the hostel while we waited at the car to find out where we could park with out being charged or fined.

Shaun returned with the bad news that the hostel was booked out, but, there is always a
ManorolaManorolaManorola

Manorola by night.
but, that the guy at the hostel had an apartment we could rent for 3 euro each extra a night. What a bargin! So we rented a sweet apartment for 100 euro a night and had a ball on the Med Sea.

This is one of my all time favourite places I have been to! Stunningly beautiful!
We spent alot of time swimming and jumping of the rocks, much to the other tourists delight, we even had a group of Italian school kids cheering for us to jump again and again and again and ag........ We alson took a walk al;ong the cliff top track that links all the villages together.

I should explain, Cinque Terra is a national and marine park made up of 5 small villages hence the name. It is picture postcard perfect and an ideal spot to relax. It is preety much over run with young aussies and old yanks. We stayed in the village of Montorosso.

After 5 days of bliss we headed down to Pisa and saw the famed tower, then on to Florence only to find it was booked solid too. We then took another massive journey to Genoa for
Cinque TerreCinque TerreCinque Terre

The views across the bay on the Cinque Terre walking track.
the night before heading back to France for the final leg.

But, we couldn't find the hostel in Genoa so Shaun inlisted the help of a guy on a scooter to help usm he himself got lost but after asking locals and police how to get there we arrived safely and thanked him very much. ( don't know his name but Finno named him Adrian)










Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cinque TerreCinque Terre
Cinque Terre

Jumping off the rocks in Manorola
PisaPisa
Pisa

Typical tourist shot.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb