finals week


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio
December 9th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

it's saturday and we are having our final classes. i'm not in the one going on right now, so i have the chance to start my paper (not likely), sleep (sounds really good but i don't want to go back to my cold room), or write what may just be the very last journal.

well, i've already said that we are in class today, but just in the morning. this afternoon is devoted to writing my art & architecture paper. if anyone has an answer to "what is beauty" hey, clue me in. i'm finding what was supposed to be a fun, easy class to be my hardest one here. i'm just not artisticaly inclined. for that class' final i have to memorize many, many, many dates, patrons, themes, etc...

that will be on the first day of finals though, so maybe i will be able to devote many needed hours to history that is on thursday. well, just for anyone who might happen to call me in these last days, which would be wonderful this is my schedule:

monday: lit trad 3. 10-12
Art & Arch. 2-4
tuesday: dead day
wednesday: philosophy 2-4
thursday: intermediate italian 10-12
west civ 1. 2-4

oh, this will be fun. i still have the art & arch paper to write, as well as another philosophy paper, although this one is not as long!!

i really don't remember if i have informed everyone on the rest of my week, but it'll be a doosy.

we finish finals on thursday and then we are getting a ride into rome! everyone is going to have pizza together (paid for by the school:D) and then we are spliting up to do anything and everything we can cram into the night. they are going to provide buses back for us at midnight, but i might just go and stay in rome going and taking pictures at all the places that i've seen but haven't yet captured in a photo. someone told me the lights to the monuments stay on permantly, perhaps for crazy people like me. i and everybody who decides to join me will then catch the 5:30 metro to anagina (our bus stop) and take a bus home. we then have to catch a few hours of sleep before we get up and start to hardcore pack and clean. we have a suite inspection at 3:30 and everything must be done. oh fun. but then that night (friday) is a bonfire and convocation dinner and the final semester slide show. the next morning to catch our plane that leaves for frankfurt at 7:15 in the morning, we have to be at the airport at 5, so we are leaving campus by 4, which means we have to get up at 3. so what is the point of sleeping?! we are going to have that one last night to have fun together before we are broken up for christmas, and as it turns out, until i get an apt.

we have signed up for classes and dorms for next semester and only 2 of my friends are in the same dorm as me, the others are on the opposite side of campus, in the not so fun dorms. so this is the end, it should be pretty exciting though. there are lots of great things to look forward to.

but looking back, i love rome, and will always love it. i however do not love italian transportation. i will miss gelato. i don't know how i'll go back to bluebell bunny after having the spectacular wonderfulness of italian gelato. i'll miss being able to go into a town and finding something that i've actually studied in depth, and that just happens to be nearly 2000 years old, or sometimes even older. i'm looking forward to driving my own car, to be able to go to walmart!! i never though i would miss it so much. oh, yes, good water. the water in rome from the fountains is good, but out here by castelgandalfo, the water is more salty than anything else. not so good for thirsty people. i'm really looking forward to libraries. there are so many things here that i want to read, that maybe i've seen in bookstores, or that professors, or guides have talked about that have really caught my interest.

i really could go on forever on the things i'll miss, am looking forward too, and those things i can't wait to leave behind, but i have class again. love to you all, i'll be home in 1 week!!!

oh, don't forget to check out my pictures that i have posted up in my gallery. some of them don't fit into an journal, and others, well...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb