Chilling out


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio
July 7th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.1296, 12.1735

We have been blessed with wall-to-wall sunshine in recent days, sometimes a bit too hot for comfort, so we have adjusted our routine accordingly.

Yesterday (Saturday) we drove to Manziana since online resources claimed it is picturesque, with the Main Street lined with boutique shops. In reality, compared to locations we have visited recently both claims were wide of the mark. On a positive note, David got a hair cut and on the outskirts there is a small retail park with a Carrefour supermarket. After our last shopping experience, this was just what we needed so took full advantage and came back with supplies to fill the fridge and the food cupboards.

We have taken to eating our evening meal quite late once the sun has gone down and the temperature lowers. Last night it was steak and asparagus purchased earlier in the day.

We got chatting to our neighbours, a German couple in their 70s, who had been here in their motor home for 17 days and due to move off the following day. They told us of some of their trips including one where they transported their vehicle from Bremerhaven to Baltimore by ship, then did America coast to coast,
Tonight's dinnerTonight's dinnerTonight's dinner

Mince and tatties
followed by Mexico. And we think we are doing something adventurous! They have also travelled extensively in Eastern Europe, Syria and Egypt. This trip of some 4 months in Central Europe must seem comparatively tame.

Today (Sunday) we have been to the pool and I have upped my swim lengths to do 12 this morning. The site is quiet since the most of the singles group have gone on a day excursion to Pompeii, involving much travelling, and in this heat I would rather them than me.

This afternoon we drove into Bracciano to have an ice cream at Caffe d'Italia as recommended by Trip Advisor but to be honest we have had better - An Italian ice cream parlour in Blackpool of all places last October. It's all down to personal choice I suppose but for me it lacked the flavours I chose.

Had a few spits and spots of rain and some rumbles of thunder in e distance, but the temperature has dropped now thankfully so we may have a comfortable undisturbed night's sleep.

Tomorrow is our last full day here, then it is off to Castel del Piano, Tuscany, in the shadow of Mount Amiata, and red wine country. Yippee!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb