Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 20th 2005
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

St Peter's SquareSt Peter's SquareSt Peter's Square

I got to sing 'Away in a Manger' infront of the nativity in St Peter's Square! All those years of practise paid off!
Geo: 41.8955, 12.4823

We were lucky enough to have very good friends (Valentina and Lorenzo) living in Rome. New Year was the perfect occasion for a bit of a China reunion so Moira, Nathan, Vicki and I made our way over. We benefited greatly from being in with the locals! the food was amazing, especially breakfast at the local bakery. Lorenzo and Valentina were far better than any tour guide, even providing drives through the red light district! New Year was fantastic, having a lovely meal in Valentina's Mum's gorgeous appartment, looking down at the honking cars, fireworks and chaos down below. Vicki and I were most satisfied in our hunt for 'Italian Stalians.' Rome is beautiful! Getting a lift back was quite an experience as everyone seems to drink drive in Rome. But somehow it seems to work out when everyone's doing so! It was fantastic eventually being able to see the historic sights that we had seen and heard so much about in text books. Rome is such a historically important city and it was quite something to actually be there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The CollosseumThe Collosseum
The Collosseum

Amazing to actually see it. I'd seen it elsewhere so many times.
The OrangerieThe Orangerie
The Orangerie

Best view in Rome!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb