Thunderstorm in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 28th 2017
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today, we explored the last of the sites in Rome since we only have a few days left. We went to the Castel Sant'Angelo, which I have now been to all locations in Angels and Demons.

This castle sits along the Tiber River and across from the Vatican. The towering cylindrical is also known as Hadrian's Mausoleum and papal palace. The view at the top was breath taking, and is for sure my favorite view after the top of St. Peter's Dome. Also while we were at the top of the castle, there was a storm coming our way. It was thundering and lightning, which was the first time that I have seen a storm in over a month.

For lunch, we ate at Roma Sparita and, of course, ordered the parmesan bowl pasta. It was better the second time! Sadly, the rain was still falling, so we took a taxi back to campus.

Our farewell dinner was tonight. Everyone freshened up and we headed to Ristorante Cervinia. This dinner was not our typical dinner. We had fried vegetables and lasagna, which was delicious! It was a great last dinner with everyone, and I cannot believe that I am leaving Italy soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb