Pordenone


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
January 4th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8894, 12.4946

Today had definite high and low points!

Basically, from the minute he woke, poor Matt felt sick - and proceeded to vomited constantly for the entire day. His poor little body was wracked with vomits, but no fever or other symptoms - just feeling very poorly...

On the up-side, it was a day for catching up with family, who are well experienced with sick kids and took it all in their stride.

We took the kids to Porcia, just near Zia Isetta's but found that there wasn't a lot to see in the pouring rain - what was a cute town with a bit of a castle in the summer sun just wasn't as cute with icy, pounding rain. So we arrived early to Zia Isetta's, putting them into a bit of a tail spin! Wonderful Zia and Anna Maria (Steven's cousin) welcomed us, and then were shortly joined by Daniele (A-M's husband) and Paola, who is 18.

The afternoon then proceeded in a wonderful parade of visitors, with reguloar interruptions from our littlest man making a mad dash to be sick in the bathroom. Matt and Tom spent most of the afternoon lying on the couch in Zia's lounge room, listening to Harry Potter. The only down side to this was that the central heating hadn't been turned on in that room for quite some time, meaning it was freezing, and had a bit of an odour...but the boys were happy with Harry Potter.

We saw Renato and Sara, and Alessio, then the parents of Stephano (who is married to Renato's daughter, Silvia), then Esio and Antoinella and Paolo (15) and Matteo (11). Anna Maria organised everyone and suddenly, dinner appeared on the table - she had ducked home to get it and bring it to us.

Steven and I learned a bit that night, when we were sent to a late night chemist in Pordenone - we spoke to a lovely chemist through a metal flap in a door, next to a condom-vending machine, and I explained that I really didn't think a suppository would make Matthew feel better!!! Europe is very different....




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb