Day 3 in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 30th 2017
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It is day 3 in Rome, and I am in love with this city! This morning, we went to Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri. Formerly, this church was a Roman bath location for the public to bathe, but when the Popes took over Rome, they made this into a church.

Also, we went to Museo Nazionale Romano at the Palazzo Massimo. This museum had a collection of Roman and Greek original or copied statues. The Romans were inspired by the Greek bronze statues and made replicas in marble. We were able to see the iconic disk thrower statue!

The buses are super packed, and people will not let you on, so we decided to get some food. After, a few friends and I grabbed lunch at Lo e Marco Pizzeria, which was amazing! I had the brie and ham pizza.

For dinner, we went out as a big group for a welcome dinner! The food kept coming, and the wine was flowing. We went to a restaurant called Capperi, and it was a small hike to the restaurant, but worth the tasty food!

Tomorrow we are headed to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum! I woke up feeling sore and my feet were still blistered, but they are starting to feel better!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb