A Big Sleep


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 14th 2017
Published: May 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last night we tried really hard to stay awake for as long as possible. After dropping things or forgetting what we should be doing it was obvious we were sitting there asleep most of the time. We could hear the desperate call of a bed wanting some companionship and who were we to refuse such an offer.

It wasn’t that long and the watch was showing 7:45 am. Over ten hours sleep. The bed was wonderful. We took our time to prepare for the day. When planning this trip we decided the first few days would be restful. We have visited Rome before so the urge to tick off all the famous sites wasn’t there. If we travelled into the centre of Rome that would be a bonus.

As the morning got close to lunchtime we were ready for a sightseeing walk of our local neighbourhood. Being a Sunday it was quite quiet with just a few shops open and very little traffic. On our walk we stopped and had our first of possibly many gelatos. What an amazing array of flavours. Not sure if we will keep up the sampling like those who have travelled this way before us but we’ll give it a try. Our first tasting was melon, caffe, and bacio. The Coop supermarket was the source of an “in-apartment” light lunch.

Siesta time was hard to resist. We obviously need the rest. Ankles are less swollen and fluids are going in. All feeling quite healthy really, especially the one who had a cold before leaving home.

Mister Teglia provided an interesting collection of slabs of pizza for dinner, no doubt the first of many pizzas on this trip.

And so to bed said Ned one (or two) of us is a sleepy head. Tomorrow we sort out our phones and we think we are ready to explore Rome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb