Kid's tour of Ancient Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 4th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

ForumForumForum

The Forum was the centre of Ancient Rome. Emperors used to live here
Today we went on a private walking tour of Ancient Rome. We went to The Forum, The Colosseum and Saint Clementine Church. The Forum is where people used to go shopping in Ancient Rome. Before The Colosseum was built in AD 80, gladiators fought in The Forum. The Forum was also the centre of business and politics. Julius Ceasar was buried in The Forum. The Colosseum is awesome. The Colosseum's real name is The Flavian Ampitheatre because Emperor Flavian ordered it to be built. Poor people and slaves called the Flavian Ampitheatre the Colosseum because it was built next to a giant 30 metre gold statue of Emperor Nero called Colossus. Unfortunately the statue was stolen because it was made of gold! In The Colosseum, under the arena where the gladiators fought there is a lot of running water. Sometimes the whole arena was filled with water and instead of Gladiator fights, they had boat fights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The ColosseumThe Colosseum
The Colosseum

It was really big. Like the MCG.


16th July 2014

Ancient Rome
Wow I had forgotten all those facts Levi or maybe I didn't ever learn them! By creating this blog you will never forget all the things you are learning . It makes our country seem very, very young.
17th July 2014

Yes. Australia is so young but Aboriginal Australia is really old. Thanks for reading my blog, Julieanne.

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb