Going to the Forum - Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 31st 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today mummy, daddy and I went into the city again - we walked again.

We went back to Capitol Hill and we saw the Forum and Trajan's Column. Trajan's Column formed a story with pictures carved into the surface of the column. I don't know how big the column was, but it was probably 15 metres high.

We also went to the Trevi Fountain. This fountain is carved with lots of people in it. I think the fountain is made out of marble. It had a lot of water pouring out of it. The legend says that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you will return to Rome. We did not throw a coin in that day becasue there were so many people there. It was also raining, so we kept walking.

Next we went to the Spanish Steps. It was a long walk and my legs were getting sore. The Spanish Steps were made out of marble and there was a balcony about half way up the steps. It was a long way to the top of the steps. There was a fountain carved out of stone at the bottom of the steps, and I had a drink out of the fountain.

At the top of the Spanish Steps, we went to the Borghese Gardens and had a picnic lunch. After lunch we hired a rickshaw for an hour and I got to steer it, but mummy and daddy had to peddle it. The garden was very nice. It had lots of statues. The whole gardens were once owned by one family (the Borghese family) so they must have been very rich.

On the way home we saw a TV commercial getting filmed on a bridge across the river. The bridge led to Castel Sant Angelo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb