Cruise starts tomorrow


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 2nd 2012
Published: September 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

The last day of our Carters trip involved a trip to Pisa and Lucca it was extremely hot, Lucca was so lovely it would have been neat to have had more time there. So glad we went to Pisa, couldnt believe how much of a lean the tower was on - Carters certainly laid it on for us. The final party night was held at a private Castle overlooking Florence - an outside venue on the terrace. The tables were laden with large sunflowers, we had live opera singers and a fireworks display "outstanding".

We have had two days on our own in Florence since finishing our Carters trip, cooking class which was a bit of fun, four course Tuscan meal - cute wee chef "shame he was a little gay"lol.

The following day we had a full day shopping, we have really enjoyed Florence. Final dinner at hotel on the top floor over looking the city.

We have just returned to Rome from Florence by rail today, it is cold here 23*.We have certainly travelled some miles in the past couple of weeks by all ways of transportion to some most incredible places. We start our cruise tomorrow, we are very much looking forward to leaving the narrow streets and loud Italians.

We are both feeling more comfortable today with the weather being cooler. First bit of rain today since leaving home. With all of the water we have been drinking and the excess fluid retained today we can see ankles not kankles! Yay!

Love to all

Ali and Megan


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb