Ancient Rome mixed with fun and modern delights!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There's much more to Roma than dusty ruins and medieval architecture...today was a day of learning...lessons from Roma! Thomas and Deanna picked us up early in the am after a luxurious breakfast at Hotel Bernini -we've noted that our senses are on fire today! Sherry's plan is to blog about our second day in Italy as a sensory tour...more on this from Peppy's Cafe at 5am tomorrow!

It all started with the scent of morning cappucino. Followed by fruit and cheese flavoured taste explosions over breakfast. The dramatic sights of Ancient Rome, its ruins and impact on the landscape definitely dominated the day's experiences. We learned much from Thomas, our guide, and if you ever visit Rome, and wish to avoid line ups and crowds then a private guided tour is for you. We both experienced the sixth sense in the garden of the Vestil Virgins...we're unsure of what exactly we felt but there was much here in the kindred spirits of these ancestral women. The sacrifices we made to endure the day's steamy heat and humidity was rewarded ten times fold upon return to the cool marble floors and the refreshing hotel airconditioning. A little jazz bar sent us off to a quieter establishment for dinner - if you couldn't hear the pounding of the veal in the kitchen you were deaf! Sherry and I were graciously adopted by the generations of very handsome and very hospitable Italian hosts at Ristorante.....The grandfather and grandson shared their family recipe for homemade limoncella and posed for a family photo. If you are ever close to Barberini Sqaure and are in need of an amazing steak, high quality service and wonderful hospitality, please visit this restaurant on our recommendation. This was our best evening in Rome due to the friendliness, amazing food and quality service at this locale.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb