Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 25th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Roma! Our hotel is located an hour bus ride from the city centre. It’s in the middle of the suburbs. Lucky this time there’s a shopping centre next to it and also a Laundromat!!!

As soon as we arrive at the hotel we pretty much have to get ready to go out again. Todd and I decide to go to the optional dinner/night tour in Rome. It also includes a tour to the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain that is not covered in the common tour the next day. Trevi fountain is beautiful! There are heaps of people seated around it. Lots of tourists and locals. The locals are just sitting around chatting to their friends while the tourists are going nuts with their cameras and tossing coins into the fountain. The Spanish steps are equally impressive. Hundreds of people seats on the steps - both tourists and locals all enjoying the sunset and warm night.

After the picture taking and night tour we end up at the restaurant at about 9pm. We’re all very hungry and very tired. 35 of us are at the dinner so it’s a big turn out. The dinner includes 5 courses! I eat only 2.5 of the courses and give my other ones to Todd. I am so tired from the day’s traveling. On the way home from dinner I fall asleep on the bus.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb