Rome's Almost Over...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 26th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone!!! not too much has been going on... just more sights to see and and more stuff to learn everyday! sunday we went to the vatican and heard the pope... it was quite an experience being there! i definitely thought it was awesome! i recorded his english part so i can hear it again. he also blessed all the americans which was really neat. we've done sooo much this past week that it would take me forever to write it all down. sorry i haven't had much internet access to keep everyone posted! today we're actually heading to ostia which is on the coast of italy. we'll be back around 4 and we're having a group dinner... yay!!! i like the group dinners... they're really fun!! we toured rome for the last day yesterday... and it was a longgggg day! we didn't get finished until about 6, normally we finish around 330 or 4. then a group of us went to the hard rock cafe to get t-shirts, walked by the spanish steps, and went to Alfredo's for dinner!!! it was sooooo good but very expensive. for 10 of us to eat, it was 453 euros. but it was worth it and i'm sure i will never have the chance to eat there again!! it just means i'm gonna have to spend less on other stuff! but it was a lot of fun! the group i went with was a completely new group of people for me to hang out with and i really enjoyed it. there are some cool people here!! anyway, today we go to ostia and tomorrow we have another free day!! i'm goin shopping and basically seeing everythin i wana see before i leave rome!!! sunday we head out at 9 and head to sperlonga, and then we spend 5 days at the bay of naples, and i'm pretty sure we don't have internet access there. so it might be awhile before i write again! but i'm doin fine, i miss you all and i love you bunches!! ciao!!

Advertisement



26th May 2006

I am so glad you are having a great time and all is going well for you in Rome. Sounds like you are staying very busy. Just enjoy every single minute and bring all those special memories back home with you to cherish forever. Be safe. Love you much!! Aunt Peggy
26th May 2006

hey sis sounds like a blast and i'm glad you found a new group to hang out with, i miss you. Also we found a place on the river walk that has that gelato stuff your eating down there and of course its very amazing! we'll have to go get some when you get back into town. But be safe and i miss and love you, oh and btw i finally got facebook so if u get a chance add me =). P.S. Dont forget to get me a painting. Love your favorite twin, andrew

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb