Santa Maria, Piazza del Popolo


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

map of Santa Maria church
So, Today we went to a few churches. One was the church of Mary. It was really so pretty!! You walk in and there is a huge painting of Mary thats all the way in the middle. Then, we went to another church that wasnt as bold in decoration but there was a crypt underneath. Legend was that a long time ago if you were to sleep in the crypt then you would get a miracle and you would be cured of any illness. So, of course i went inside the crypt and prayed as hard as i could for my grandmothers. Maybe just maybe it will work. I try to pray in every church we go too, and trust me its a whole lot!!! So, maybe just maybe. Then, mal and I decided to go our separate ways and we walked about a 30min walk to the spanish steps. Walking in Rome really is so pretty. Everyone walks and theres so many things to see and do. Once we got there we were starving and ate lunch, we had our $9 sandwich, the cheapest thing there!!! I think we arent going to eat anymore! Then, we walked to Via Condatti.
Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

this is the ceiling inside the church
We cried the entire time we were walking on this street. This street is where Prada, Gucci, Dolce and Gabanna, Burberry, Yves St. Laurant, Jimmy Choo, and others are at. Since we couldnt afford anything we just walked and watched others enjoying beautiful shoes and purses!! Then we went to Piazza del Popolo which was so pretty too. Piazza del Popolo is where some of Angels and demons was filmed. Its this huge and amazing piazza with fountains and at the top you have the spanish steps. Then, we got on the metro and came home!! We made it!!! We knew exactly which metro to get on and which train to take. And we never missed any!!! YAY!!! We also decided to start washing clothes. We have decided that filling the bidet with water is the best thing possible! So, yes we wash our clothes in a bidet!!!!! Whatever!! got to do as the poor do!! haha!! We also finally made it to the grocery store finally!! and we found turkey!!!! yay!!! turkey!!!! Here no one eats turkey and everything is with ham!!! PIZZA PASTA HAM!!!!!! UGH!!!! but mal and i were very very excited to finally find turkey!!! It was extremely exciting!! Talk to ya later!! love everyone!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

its so pretty!!!
Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

this is a painting of the Virgin Mary holding her son that was painted in the 6th century
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

this is outside of Santa Maria basilica
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

this is a church named Santa Prassede. Here is the crypt where it was said that if you slept in there, miracles would happen. I went in a prayed my heart out for my grandmas!!!
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

this is a painting inside the crypt
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

this is the front of Santa Prassede church
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

here is the apse of the church


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb