Italy with Kids - to Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 9th 2008
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

09 Oct 2008


Today was mostly trains. First from Pompei Scavi to Napoli, a 1.5 hr wait where we had McDonalds for breakfast - note no breakfast menu at McDonalds, just the usual hamburgers and such. I purchased my last sfogliatella at the caffeteria next door. Then the 10:24 to Rome, with a 50 minute delay somewhere along the track while another train passed us (?). The transfer to the train at Roma Termini to Fiumicino was fast enough, and lastly we caught a Taxi to our nights' accomodation, Euro House. At any rate here I made another mistake: I'd printed off the map off the internet for directions to Euro House, only I'd ended up with Euro House Inn, not the "Residence", so we ended up at the wrong hotel in a different part of Fiumicino. The lady in the Euro House Inn was remarkedly helpful, and shuttled us over to the right place, where the rooms were very impressive!

We took a walk along to the Fiumicino wharf and river, where the boys stared at containers of various fish that the fishermen off the boats were selling. One of the guys fishing off the wharf was using this absolutely enormous rod, that I just had to take a photo of.

Then a quiet dinner at De La Ville Ristorante, with an exemplary pasta dishes all round. I had one that I think was called Pecchiara, large pasta tubes with aubergine and tomato sauce.

(Note: this was written back in 2008 but only published with photos in 2010 to complete the story)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb