Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Getting to Rome was a pain in the but we made it. We had to hire a car to get from Pula to Split to catch our flight. We thought a bus would have gotten us there but decided an overnight 10 hour trip wasn't for us. The car hire turned out to be pretty much the same price and 4 hours shorter. Conrad lent us his GPS which was awesome except for the last (and most crucial part) of the trip. We punched into the GPS airports and picked what we thought was Split Airport. It ended up being Split boat terminal. Aaaarrghhh. As it turns out the GPS didn't know about Split airport. Anyway we found it in the end with a few hours to spare.

Rome really is beautiful.

The first night we had some huge pieces of Pizza near our very modest little hotel.

The next day we were off to the Colloseum and Roman Forum. Our plan was to just wander around but luckily for us the minute we came out of the Metro station we were apporached about a guided tour. My first reaction was to tell him tp bugger off but then I thought I should hear him out. We're glad I did as the tour inly cost 23 euro each which included the 11 euro entract fee and we got to skip the huge lineup. That was worth the extra money itself. The tour was great especially the Roman forum part which was with a different guide. He was very enthusiastic and lots of fun.

After a quick nap we headed out on the town. We both got glammed-up and headed into Campo di Fiori, a piazza with lots of people and almost just as many bars. It was a great night out with lots of drinking and laughing and ended with a single red rose at the Trevi fountain.

Last night Paige went to sleep and this morning a snot factory woke up in her place. The cold she had been nursing for a couple of days was in full swing. We therefore took it easy and went to some marketa for some good old retail therapy. But alas nothing of note was bought. On the way we saw the Mouth of Truth, I wish I knew what it was about, all I know is that when you're in Rome you are obligated to stick your hand in it's mouth while getting your photo taken.

Tomorrow the Vatican city.

Take care,
Paige and Peter


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Late in the eveningLate in the evening
Late in the evening

After our one and only drink (or was that 50)
Ticked another boxTicked another box
Ticked another box

One more tourist trap down, a thousand to go. The Mouth of Truth


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb