Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 20th 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived in Rome and checked into our amazing hotel! It was very nice. We ate some supper at a gross restaurant and went to bed. We had another tour the following day and it was a biggy. In one day, we managed to see Trevi Fountain, THe Pantheon, Piazza Colonna (has a column dedicated to an Emperor), Piazza Navoni which was built on an ancient arena, Basillica San Pietro (Vatican), Piazza Campidoglio which was completely designed by Michelangelo, The Forum, St. Paul's Cathedral, and of course the Colosseum! By this point in our trip, we were getting ready to go home and to see Hayley-Bum - oh and sleep in our own bed. Our second day in Rome we did our own thing. We went to the Vatican museum and saw a few other things. We had amazing suppers both nights at our hotel. Oh, I have to say that I really wasn't all that impressed with Michelangelo's Sistine CHapel. I was expecting something completely different. We didn't stay too long - there were way too many people to fully enjoy it.




Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Trevi FountainTrevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain

THey were cleaning it so it wasn't running.
The PantheonThe Pantheon
The Pantheon

This was one of my favorites.
You can tell the time.You can tell the time.
You can tell the time.

It was just after 10 in the morning.
St. Paul's BasilicaSt. Paul's Basilica
St. Paul's Basilica

This was also one of my favorite places. It was amazing.


22nd August 2008

looking up..
I love your looking up pictures. It is challenging to take pictures when there are only two of you. So did you feel the echos of history in the Colosseum? It was almost like you could hear the gladiators and the animals roar.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb