sweet rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we like getting out of town for weekends and our last choice was Rome.....THE ETERNAL CITY. And OMG it was so great. we kept asking each other why we hadn't been there before. ('we' being my wife and I).
where do I start? the drinks? food? or the sheer beauty?
we flew in on friday on a low-cost and landed in what is certainly the smaller airport (it's basically inside the city) and were pretty certain on what we had to do first: find a spot to have a few drinks and get a tip on where to eat. and that we did....
We were lucky enough to find a a cheap (? 110?) apartment in a lovely area so we didn't have to look for a place we just stepped out of the building and were in Piazza Navona with dozens of bars and restaurants to go (and we covered as many as humanly possible in a wkend),. we found the place on www.vacationrentalrome.com and we're planning to go back this summer.
We had a few laughs with a waiter named Mario (SuperMario!) and had the best penne ever. I have developed a love for limoncelo which I will have to find back home.
So the first night ended gloriously...I will write more soon....
m.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb