Mediterranean Adventure


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 28th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 (or is it 3 - who's counting?)

OK so I was tired and jet-lagged when I posted our first entry and the spelling wasn't the best. Most of you will have spotted the spelling variation of Mediterranean. Right?

Pat & Geoff spent most of today (Monday) exploring Rome and meeting up with other old ruins like us.

One of the best ways of getting around big cities is on board the open top double deck buses. Rome seems to have a number of companies touting for business. The one we chose went close to all the major tourist attractions. Buy one ticket each and you can get on and off as many times as you like all day - which we did.

Because we have another two days in Rome when we get back from the cruise we left some of the big ones till then - like the Colosseum and St Paul's.

We were here 32 years ago and the ancient buildings' structure and history haven't changed, but it's good to be able to spend a bit more time delving.

We managed (in stages) to get to the very top of Victor
Over the TopOver the TopOver the Top

In the distance on the left can be seen the dome of St Peter's. Closer and more to the center is the flat domed Pantheon with the open top.
Emanuel Monument by way of many, many flights of steps and a glass walled lift on the outside of the rear of the building. Geoff's stomach for heights has lessened over the years. But the view over much of the top of Rome was well worth it.

Tomorrow we make our way down to the port of Civitavecchia to start the cruise. Looking forward to that.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb