more pictures!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 18th 2005
Published: September 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

so last night there was suppose to be this huge city wide party. but, it rained pretty hardcore, and the streets were all flooded, and my feet got wet, and i hate wet feet. i went home at midnight. most of my roommates came home at 5 in the morning, ryan came home at 1030. i dont' think i missed much, though. they told me they pretty much just walked around looking at drunk people.

my grandma sent me recipes for a lot of really good american food, but almost all these recipes involve cream of chicken soup, and i don't think cream of chicken soup exists over here. this makes me really upset.

however, i made spinach empanadas and vegetarian paella last night and it was delicious. by popular request, i'm making more deviled eggs tonight.

goodness gracious i just uploaded an awful lot of pictures. i feel exhausted, and i haven't even gotten to the coliseum,forum, palantine, hanging out pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

more of my teachermore of my teacher
more of my teacher

i realized that almost every picture i have of davide involves him gesticulating with great passion
excavationexcavation
excavation

it was at this bridge thingy that people first discovered that there was some sort of archaelogical junk beneat all the ash.
frescofresco
fresco

it was at this bridge thingy that people first discovered that there was some sort of archaelogical junk beneat all the ash.
frisbeefrisbee
frisbee

my roommates samantha and ryan playing frisbee
lemonade standlemonade stand
lemonade stand

i could have taken a lot more pictures of this place, but i was practically having to run to keep up with everyone as we walked back to the bus.


18th September 2005

hahaha
awesome pics and maybe you could buy your own toilet seat and take it with you every where? XD
19th September 2005

I Love Sarah LaBauve.
19th September 2005

Those toilets would suck but there is one positive thing about your trip...you dont have to work with children!!! :) have a wonderful day doll! jaura jean
19th September 2005

man, being an engineer can ruin stuff
so im sitting here looking at your pictures and two things cross my mind. 1) i am so totally jealous that you went to pompei and 2) wow those road were really well constructed. how dorky is that?? but truth be told, a lot of times we think our ancestors were dumber than us just because they had wagons instead of cars, but if anything i think they were smarter. look at the stuff they built that is still standing. how many of our houses, roads or bridges could withstand a volcano/earthquake and 2200 years??
20th September 2005

i want more, sarah!
i can just picture you being the apartment mom. so cute, cooking for everybody. hehe

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb