i think my feet might fall off


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 15th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

today i endured 8 gristling hours of sight seeing. this is a lot tougher than it sounds. i'm sure i walked well over 10 miles. that both astounds me and makes me feel proud of myself. man, i'm hardcore.

so i saw the forum, the capitoline hill, the palantine hill, the circus maximus, the coleseo , and a lot of other stuff. it was pretty hot, and all the pale kids got sunburns. thankfully, i fake-baked hardcore style last spring, and i've still got enough tan to prevent any sort of skin injury .

eh, i'm afraid this entry will not be very lively. i'm soo tired.

last night i made dinner again. i cooked some stuffed pasta stuff, and homemade mashed potatoes and deviled eggs. this was my first time making the second two things, and while i think i will be able to improve my potatoes, the deviled eggs were seriously about the best i've ever had. i feel so accomplished. soon i will be making paella, empandas, and maybe chicken curry. oh, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

oh, i also get electrocuted in my kitchen now. this is pretty bad, since i usually spend at least an hour in there everyday. cest la vive.

karly--i will get to work on those everyday pictures asap. there are lots that i want to take, but am hesitant b/c i fear the scorn of being viewed as a stupid american tourist. there is actually a little more dignity in taking pictures of the forum than of crazy italian people doing things that seem normal to them.

no pictures today b/c i'm low on time and don't have my cable thingy, but i took about 100 today and will probably take a lot tomorrow. we're leaving tomorrow morning at 7 to go to pompeii, you know, the place with mt. vesuvius and all the dead people and stuff. that should be interesting. so, prepare yourself for a massive amount of photos on monday or so.

i always try to remember funny stories to relate, but then i get tired and forget. so i apologize, my livejournal is much more amusing, but alas, only a handful of people are allowed access to it.

i wear my watch while i'm cooking so i can time stuff, and now my watch stinks like garlic. i just smelled my wrist. it does too.

yes i'm too tired to continue with this. later, my loves.

ps--cole-i have to read angels and demons for class actually. although it is the type of book that i scorn with all of my soul , its kind of absorbing .

Advertisement



15th September 2005

Rain drops keep falling on my head
Let youself go in Dan Brown's masterpiece. j/k. At least its going to be an easy read. Its raining in Fayetteville today. Taking Latin makes me love Rome even more. My envy of you grows on a daily basis. Hope you have a great day at Ash Central (pompeii) Robert
15th September 2005

pfft
who cares if ppl think you're a stupid american tourist? you're only two out of three of those anyway. (american and tourist if you need clarification hahaha) i'd take pictures and screw dignity. after you leave they're all prolly not going to see you anyway so it's ok. and i <3 garlic :D i'm... sadly one of the ones who would have gotten sunburned XD can't wait for more pictures :D orz<3 <----- man bending over and farting. hahaha take care silly =]

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb