Yay for Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 12th 2003
Published: July 12th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Caren has more creative titles. Hers today was "would you like some ruins with that Basilica?" Which basically describes Rome. But first Florence. Wow it's been a while since I wrote It feels like a lot longer. Florence was a dissapointment. We went to museums and churches and saw cool stuff there but the overall feeling of the city was not so good. The first day we were all running from place to place completely exhausted cause none of us had slept. We had to get there really early because the hostels in Florence don't take reservations. We ended up staying in one that was pretty expensive becuae it was all we could get. During the day we checked out other ones that said that if we got there really early to get on the waiting list they would have a room the next night. Well Lauren and Rob got up at 6am the following morning to get on the wait list and we didn't get the room. We had had to check out of the one we were staying in because of the check out time being before we found out if we had a room in the other hostel. So we ended up with no where to stay. We ended up booking a place about an hour out of town way up in the hills and checking our bags at the train station for the day while we went touring. The place ended up deing this really cute camping place that also had dorm rooms. It was nice ro get out of the city for the evenings and ir had a pool. So i wasn't sure i was going to like rome after nor liking florence do much but Rome is awesome. We're staying ar another camping place 15min outside of town which is def nor as nice as rhe other place (ir has curtains and no doors on the rooms) but is it cheap and it does the job. it has charm. We went to the vatican and saw the cistine cieling and St peters yesterday along with these cryprs where the monks arranged bones in pretty patterns. Today we did the coloseum and the old forum which was way beyond my expectations. O wish I could write more but i have to go. I am having lots of fun. We are going to pompei tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb