Flights/Arrival


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 5th 2007
Published: June 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, all!

Well, it is 9:40 pm in Rome, Italy (3:40 pm in Florida). We left Miami at 9:45 last night, after waiting on the runway for an hour for some unknown delay. We flew into London this morning at about 11:00 am, and I tested my international cell phone by calling mom. It worked fine. We finally got into Rome this evening at about 5:00 pm. We had to drive around the city a good way to get to our hotel. It is a beautiful, though busy and crowded city. All of the cars seem much smaller than ours. There are many "smart" cars - which are unbelievably tiny! We passed by sights like the Colosseum on our way to the hotel, which we will visit in greater detail in the coming days. The hotel is nice. We will stay here for 3 nights, I believe, before moving on to the next city. We had a very nice and tasty dinner at the hotel this evening featuring pasta, a veal entree with spinach, and a creamy "yogurty" cake. Tomorrow, we are leaving the hotel bright and early at 7:30 am (1:30 am for you all) to head over to Vatican City. We will be present for the pope's weekly public audience in St. Peter's Square. In the afternoon, we visit the Vatican Museums, and other wonderful treasures there. I have always wanted to visit the Vatican and see the many priceless artistic wonders to be found there. Needless to say, I am thrilled to be here, and very much looking forward to tomorrow! Here goes...

Talk to you soon!

Jason :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb