Day Six - Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Again I am writing a day late. Yesterday was a long, busy day and we stayed up a little late as well. We got up early, we had to meet our tour at 7 am, which means we had to be fed and bathed by then. Matt and I went on a tour to Rome, Catherine on a different tour of Rome, Mom and Caroline on an afternoon tour to an olive oil company, and Dad just explored the port.

We rode in the bus for about an hour and a half. There was a little bit of traffic in Rome, but we made it on time to our tour of the Vatican Museum. It was beautiful, but extremely crowded. We were herded through the museum and into the Sistine Chapel. Then we had a little tour of St. Peter's Basilica. We were scheduled to have an hour and a half of freetime after that, but somehow it got cut down to 20 minutes in which we were taken to a store (the official Vatican store -- therefore overpriced). During the tour we had to wear these receiver things with little earpieces, so we felt like cyborgs. After that we boarded the bus and drove to a restaraunt for a late lunch. The food was alright, mine was pretty darn salty. We drove around Rome for a little while and then headed over to the Colloseum just in time for a downpour. Luckily it was quick and we didn't get too wet. The Colloseum was cool but Matt and I wandered off to explore for a bit on our own, because our tour guide was not that great. We didn't particularly like the being on a tour part because the other passengers were so rude and inconsiderate. No wonder everyone hates Americans, we are seriously some rude people.

We got back to the boat after about an hour and a half, just in time for dinner. After dinner Caroline, Matt and I hung out in Club Fusion, where it was Beattles night. We stayed for Princess Popstar (yes, just like American Idol) which was pretty good. The contestants are actually pretty good (more on this later). Then off to bed. Time is about up on the computer, so tomorrow I write about today. Tomorrow is a sea day, so that means freedom to hang around and be bums and we are also changing time zones, so now we will be 7 hours ahead of the East Coast. Until tomorrow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb