Are we staying with the Italian Mofia...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Italy sucks....
We've experienced a lot of trouble in Italy so far. It all started with that bus ride in Venice where we missed the stop.
Florence was my least favourite place to visit so far. It's mostly because we were staying in a part of town that wasn't the greatest. Our hostels have been more like trashy trailor parks in the last while. We stayed at a place down a dark sketchy looking street, but it wasn't too bad. We had a room for the 6 of us it was clean. We didn't do anything in Florence really...we couldn't find much to eat. I went to the same place to eat the same greek salad the whole time. I was glad we left....but then we got to Rome.
So now we've basically been homeless the last 24 hours. Our hostel is turning out to be a big mess and i can't even describe everything thats going on. We got up at 6 am in Florence to catch our train to miss the train strike that apparently ended up no happening. So we got to Rome at 11 and to our hostel sometime before 12. We were told to go across the street and then we were told to come back at 5. We came back at and still didn't have our rooms ready and we were told to come back at 7:30. Well....came back and still no room. And then we were sitting around to 11pm...still no beds ready. At this point there are people FILLED in the waiting room waiting to get a bed to sleep in. OH...and we had already paid CASH for 6 people for 3 nights...we learned a lesson.
Graham asked to speak to the manager...it took about 2 hours but once he showed, he was apparently a nice guy about it. He gave us a little bit of money back and a case....yes, a case full of wine. And shipped us off with some driver, who didn't speak any english and we figured was in the mofia to drive us to some other place to sleep. Did I mention Kris is as sick as a dog with allergies right now and just wants a bed to sleep in? So we got shipped off across Rome to a place to sleep. It was an unfinished hostel or hotel or something. There was a bathtub, but no shower curtain. No garbage cans...and the walls were just freshly painted. But we got a place to sleep.
We slept in this morning and packed up our stuff and walked back to the original hostel with our big bags. We got here and now we have to wait 5 hours to get a room...again....URG.
OH...and i've spent the last hour on the computer trying to upload pictures onto facebook. It let me upload a few, but now it stopped working.....so i'm going lose it and throw a fit like a 2 year old and cry and stomp my feet....
Maybe i should crack open the case of wine.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb