My Trip to Rome- 8 Secrets No One Will Tell You


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 3rd 2019
Published: May 26th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Being an avid traveler, I have been to several countries but one place which has made the most impression on my mind is Rome. It is one of the most impressive cities in the world as every building breathes some sort of history. It is one place everyone should visit once in a lifetime. But, unfortunately, that is the main reason why it is filled with tourists especially in the main tourist sights and instead of a magical trip, you may get exhausted waiting in lines.

Here are a few things I learned from my trip which can make your travel to Rome more pleasant.

1. Skip the Lines:

You may not have many days to explore Rome and the city has too many architectural places which you can't miss. I am sure you would prefer exploring the city rather than wasting that time, waiting in lines. I preferred to skip the lines with the help of Rome tours to utilize my time in Rome thoroughly.

2. Move-in the Opposite Direction of the Crowd:

Visit the monuments when it is less crowded as it makes no sense to stand in line for hours. If you see someplace is crowded, try to visit it sometime later rather than spending your day waiting to get in.

3. Visit the Less-Known Parts of Rome:

Do not just stick to your itinerary of visiting famous sightseeing but also discover new places which not many people experience. Rome is filled with architecture and you can find many wonderful examples of it walking down a narrow lane.

4. Stay in the Center of the City:

Yes, staying in the center of the city near Piazza Navona means you will have to pay extra for accommodation but imagine how easy it would be for you to explore the city as you can cover most of the important places on foot, avoiding public transport.

5. Visit in the Off-Season:

If you visit Rome from May to September, you will only find crowded tourist places this is the time when people visit this place. In-fact, the hotel fare also gets expensive around this time of the year. Instead, visit this place in between April and May and you will not just avoid the busy month but also get discounts on your stay.

6. Avoid Tourist Restaurants:

A big part of experiencing Italy is its cuisine, which many people come to relish. If you are one of them then by default, do not visit famous tourist restaurants, instead eat where locals eat as that is where you will experience the authentic Italian taste.

7. Rent a Bike:

To explore the city deeper and discover new places, do not forget to rent a bike as it will become easier for you to cover more sightseeing in a day.

8. Be Comfortable:

You will have to walk a lot in Rome to explore the city, and the distances are big. You may be inspired by the fashion sense of the localities, but remember to wear comfortable clothes and footwear so you can enjoy the sightseeing rather than complain about foot pain as cbd oil can help you with this.

The Bottom Line- Go with the Flow:

Do not just plan a hard and fast itinerary as you may miss a lot of beautiful places on the way while rushing to the sight. Just go with the flow and you will discover much more than you came for.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb