Rome - Our Recommendations for Tours, Hotels and Restaurants


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 7th 2018
Published: October 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

As we are coming to the end of our trip to Italy we wanted to share what we have learned about restaurants, hotels and tours. Our recommendations for Rome:

· Colonna Palace Hotel, Piazza Montecitorio, 12, Rome Tel: +39 06.675191. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">On the Piazza Colonna across from the Parliament building. Convenient and centrally located with clean rooms and good breakfast on their roof.

· Bar at the Grand Hotel de La Minerve, 69 Piazza della Minerva - 00186 Roma Tel: 011-39-06-69-52-01 Web: www.grandhoteldelaminerve.com. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Fabulous roof bar with views of the city. Overlooking the Pantheon.

· Arianna Nastasi, Rome modern and archaeological tours, nastasi.arianna@gmail.com. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Arianna is extremely well prepared for an in-depth look at ancient of modern Rome. Currently completing an extensive book on the early church and it’s properties.

· Ristorante Cornucopia, Piazza in Piscinula, 15-18, Roma Tel 06 58 00 380. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Good food and location near the Tiberina Island walkway on the Trastevere side.

· Babette Café and Ristorante, Via Margutta, 1/d-3 Tel 06 32 11 559 babette@babetteristorante.it. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Great location near Spanish Steps and shopping but quiet and good food and service.

· Behind the Scenes at the Vatican Museum, Italy Wonders, +39 06 6992 1343 colosseumandvaticantours.com/. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Our guide was Doriana (get her if you can as she is both knowledgeable and easy to be with). The tour was worth every penny. Every minute was packed with beauty and information.

· Rome’s Obelisks, Segway Roma, Piazza del Popolo, +30 329 24 54 780 info@segwayroma.net. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Our guide was Gabriel and he was perfect, focused on our safety and on our having fun. Highly recommend him and the tour company.

· Osteria al Vecchio Pegno, Vicolo di Montevecchio, 8, 00186 Rome, Italy +39 06 688.07.025. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Fabulous food, wonderful little restaurant and great service. Nothing to alter a great and friendly meal. Near Piazza Navonna.

· Nino Ristorante, Via Borgognona, 11 Tel 06 679-5676. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Great food and great location, a very traditional Roman restaurant just off the Piazza de Spagna. Lots of business and local folks enjoying traditional Roman dishes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb