Tuesday in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 18th 2018
Published: September 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sadly Peggy took sick this morning after a bad night: sore throat, cough, chest congested. A very handsome Italian doctor came to visit and prescribed rest and various medicines, so no visit to St Peter’s today and we cancelled the visit to San Giovanni on Wednesday. So, while Peggy slept John went on walkabout: first to Piazza Cavour and the impressive Supreme Court building, then on to San Angelo and back across the Tiber to the antique area of central Rome. Picked up lunch (panini and sweets along with water and orange Fanta) and had a picnic in the room. After some rest John went out again to visit Campo dei Fiori and watch the transformation from vegetable/fruit market to restaurants. Sat at a bar and watched the hard work the vendors go through EVERY day. Impressive. Then back to Peggy with chips and bananas before sitting at a café and watching the crowds go by. Met a happy couple from Minneapolis on their first visit to Rome. Nice conversation and memories of our first visit together and how awestruck we were at everything, especially the architecture. John misses Peggy out there in the world … and hopes tomorrow will be an improvement.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb