Tramonti: Swimming in the mountains


Advertisement
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

(entry added January 29, 2006)

Tramonti is an amazing little area north of Aviano that we heard about through a friend. It took a while to get there, winding through roads and even having to back up in areas where it was only one lane... with a truck trying to go the opposite direction around the curves! ...but once we arrived, we realized that it was well worth it. Nestled between the mountain rocks was a clear, blue, pure river with slow flowing waters. The water was extremely cold because of the snow melting and adding to the water supply that came down, but the view was beathtaking!

We had to park the car on the side of the road on the overpass we found for the area we wanted to swim in, and then shimmy along down the side of the rock to get to the bottom. It had been lightly raining, and upon getting settled in at the waters edge.. it started to hail. We didn't stay too long because of the weather, but we all took in just how beautiful it truly was where we were.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

clear watersclear waters
clear waters

This picture shows a view of the bridge we had to climb down from.
TramontiTramonti
Tramonti

View from the car on the nearby drive
TramontiTramonti
Tramonti

View from the car on the nearby drive
TramontiTramonti
Tramonti

View from the car on the nearby drive
TramontiTramonti
Tramonti

View from the car on the nearby drive


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb