Grizzo, Italy


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Great Pizza in GrizzoGreat Pizza in GrizzoGreat Pizza in Grizzo

With Nicola, Mara, and Greta
Our final journey within Italy was to Grizzo Italy. We departed ways with all of our friends and drove from Valpolicella to my birthing place, Sacile to drive by the hospital where I was born. Then we went to Grizzo where we first stopped by the very first house that I ever lived at. We played in the playground. We then checked into our hotel, Villa Cigolotti which was beautiful. We then went to our friends house, Mara, Nicola and their daughter Greta, who my parents knew when we lived in Italy. They have another daughter named Ziara but she was at a festival while we were there. They had a very nice home with a big yard, 2 chickens and a dog all of which Maja loved to play with. Nicola made a legendary seafood pasta and we stayed their quite late and went back to our hotel.

The next day the 7 of us went to Lake Barcis which was the bluest lake I had ever seen. There was an outdoor market that we cruised around. After the lake we went to a very tiny local restaurant with his favorite local dish - fricco, which is a potato and cheese dish only made in Friuli.

Our final full day in Italy was in Venice. We took the 1 hour train and walked around the beautiful city. There were a lot of people there and I got a shirt from a Juventus soccer team store. We took pictures in the same place we took them a few years back. It was hot and sticky, almost felt like I was in Miami. We then came back for our final night in Grizzo, out for pizza and friends, and then flew back to Miami.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

NicolaNicola
Nicola

Awesome Pasta
Hanging outHanging out
Hanging out

House of Mara and Nicola in Grizzo
Maja Chasing ChickensMaja Chasing Chickens
Maja Chasing Chickens

House of Nicola and Mara, Grizzo


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb