Valpolicella, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Negrar
July 18th 2019
Published: August 10th 2021
Edit Blog Post

For Good LuckFor Good LuckFor Good Luck

The Breast of Juliet
From Parma we drove to Valpolicella, near Verona to embark on wine tasting in another area of Italy. When we arrived, we went to our AirBNB which was more of a castle than a house and it had a beautiful patio with a very nice view of the valley. After getting settled in we went food shopping and made a feast of salad, cheese, meats and whatever. Unfortunately we got some bad news that our dog, Misia, was missing in Miami. However, the next day we learned that she had been found by a neighbor. Yay!!!

The rest of the day was filled with 3 more wine tasting, or in my case, observing wine tasting. The first place was Zenato where the rest of the kids and I played a lot in the outside area while the adults did what they do best. The next place was Begali, which I had been to a few times before. The adults were poured wine by the young daughter of one of the winemakers while we, the kids, stayed outside and Jake rode in a tractor. The final winery was Speri. Out of all the wineries in Italy, Speri is the one I remember the most. Unfortunately, Chiara was not there, but her sister was great and presented the wine to everyone. Before leaving, the women changed to get ready for the opera that they would attend while me, Ignacio, dad, Jake and Maja headed back to our "castle" and hung out.

The final day in Valpolicella we went to two more wineries, Viviani and Quantarelli. We then went to Verona where we saw the famous arena as well as the home of Romeo and Juliet, which I do not understand because they were never real. But anyway, I touched Juliet's breast for good luck and we topped it off with strawberries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Back to BegaliBack to Begali
Back to Begali

My 4th time!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb