Nice Bologna


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
June 20th 2014
Published: June 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our next campsite was high up in the hills between Bologna and Florence. There was nothing around it only hills. We had a large spot with lovely views. We asked about travelling in to Bologna, which we had passed through but never really visited. We were advised that the best way was by train. However, the time to drive to the train was 40 minutes!



Off we set for the 11.05 down narrow twisty roads and up and down dale, eventually arriving after 40 minutes as advised. The train was good though and deposited us 10 minutes walk from the centre of town.



Bologna is a nice city with lots of nice buildings. In fact everything was nice but nothing great. The highlight was probably the Anatomical University and the 16th century lecture room all in beautiful wood with seats forming a circle and with a marble slab in the centre where the bodies were cut up.



We walked along the nice colonnades and Michelle had another nice ice cream.



Nice place Bologna.



That night we ate in the campsite pizzaria. A fabulous pizza each, a Peroni beer and good company with a Dutch couple and their German Shepherd, George.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb