Leaving venice & on to bologna


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
November 1st 2010
Published: November 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thx trev for melb cup runners , max has been studying the form for last couple hrs , even in italy some things never change! Last morning in venice again woke early so headed off in different direction where max had ventured the night before in search of some beer. We discovered the main port area and watched 4 cruise ships go right past us as they left venice. On way back to hotel we stopped at a cafe so max could have his cappucino and croissant and saw the monster of all coffee machines mastered by an older man that obviously knew how to make some serious coffee! After brekky we caught a vaporetto for the last time to the train stn.
On way we saw 2 ambulances-brenden they had no wheels how u think they could go so fast? Caught another of these great Eurostar trains to our nxt destination Bologna.
On arrival checked into hotel which is smack bang in the middle of town.again small sts more like laneways and ours
is full of delis, florists and directly opp the door we walk out of a fruit shop that also sells beer! Bologna is the food capital of this region of italy & this is evident in the stores that r in abundance here. Huge hams, salamis and cured meats abound not to mention the cheeses! And then theres the patisseries! Apart frm the food this city is home to the oldest university in the world built in the 11 th C ent. It is full of huge medieval building s so again max is in his element!
In the afternoon we went to an international building exhibition which by coincidence was on. This covered an enormous area and after 2 hrs i found a spot and waited till max had explored Enough (he told me later he could have kept going!) He loved it but was really exhausted. Had a lovely gelato, (fig and walnut), bought bottle of vino (kim yes we have been partaking in some nice red vino and mainly heineken or peroni beer)& came back to hotel to relax. Mind u got our 2 nd wind couple hrs later & went up road to a bar where we had some local draught beers in very big glasses which were very enjoyable! Good luck in Melb cup everyone!!










Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb