Counting Irish Pubs in Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
May 12th 2013
Published: June 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greg: Arriving via train from Pompei, we did our usual scenic tour discovery of Sorrento before getting our bearings, and trundled into our hostel. As it was already later in the day we shot straight back out and scouted a place for dinner, before checking out the nightlife given it was a Friday. After strolling one of the main streets (which were full of life since public drinking is legal in Italy) we were searching for a local bar, but were surprised to find only an overwhelming number of irish/english bars(obviously catering to some holiday markets), and a few gelato shops which attracted most of the underage kids (they also served heiny's over the counter too).



The next morning we got up, and determined to get out and explore as much as we could in our one day. Some of highlights were a walk down to the coast with some amazing views, a huge canyon in the central city surrounding a mansion on the other side, and checking out the views of the private resort beach areas from up high. However, we did leave later that day feeling slightly underwhelmed with Sorrento, possibly there was more to do with more time at hand - but as we were to find out one 2 hour bus ride later, a much more picturesque and less touristy beach town was waiting just around the corner...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb