Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
June 21st 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

SorrentoSorrentoSorrento

Looking from our road to the hotel
Hello to all. First I would like to thank Ray Ellen for the Bath & Body lotions, spay, soap, etc. The spray has come in more times than we can count. With all the sweating and foot oder stuck on the train, we all say "THANK YOU". Now to John Ruth, thank you so much for recommending Orvieto. The city was beautifuly perched up on the hill.

In Orvieto we arrived later in the evening (as it seem with most of our stops). The hotel was only a few blocks from the train station straight up a hill. We were all thankful that it was level and no stairs. The white wine along with many of the reds was delicous. We purchased some wine and olive oil to ship home. This is one of the top areas other than Tuscany to buy these.

Sorrento is overlooking the ocean with lots of quaint shops. Denise and Teri Ann took a bus to go swimming in some ruins this morning. Debe and I went shopping and had lunch in town. It is warm here today. We are finding sweat pool in the most unusal spots.

Tonight we will all meet up and have dinner overlooking the ocean. Tomorrow morning we will get on the train to Pompei and then on to Rome. You can tell we are getting into the bigger cities.

We are still looking for a place in Rome. Hopefully all will go well. We have a list that we will check out after I get off this blog.

Sorry no pictures lately, the computer will not take my USB port. So once we find one we will download for you all.

Love ya, the girls

Well at 8 pm we finally found our room for Rome. Thank goodness. We are at the main internet store and they do not have plugs. Sorry no pics yet. Now we are off to dinner and a wonderful evening stroll. Blog ya later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb