Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
October 8th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Have not had the internet while in Sorrento which is near Naples so that's why I have not updated my blog. We caught up with Sue and Stew for dinner twice in Rome which was great, fun to see someone from home, poor Sue they got up early and watched the 2nd grand final only to see St Kilda go down. Thanks Pam for letting me know the bad news.
We left Rome and headed south to Sorrento which is another beautiful spot, bigger and far steeper than our Sorrento. We ate delicious pizzas there where they are very proud of the fact that they originated from there. Emily and I are now capable of eating a whole one each. On the first day there we went to Capri which is beautiful but grossly overpriced. Unfortunately we picked the wrong day to go there as it was too windy to look at the Blue Grotto, it was still hot though. Em in normal form tricked me into walking upto the top of the island when we could have caught the funicular up to the top. Good exercise I suppose. That night we had dinner with Sue and Stew again as they hired a car and drove down to Sorrento, excellent. We were lucky enough that they offered to take us to the Amalfi coast the next day so of course we took them up on the offer. Positano and Amalfi were both stupendous (just trying to use a variety of adjectives) places. The drive was every bit as good as I have read about. It was hilarious at times watching the way the Italians drive, poor Stew he coped extremely well.
Caught up with them again that night for dinner and continued to enjoy each others company. They checked out the next day, yesterday to drive to Tuscany but we joined them to go to Pompeii, an amazing experience. We were only going for the morning but in the end we left at 4.00 in the afternoon as there was so much to see.
Em and I went to Naples in the afternoon which was an experience. Surprised to still see blond Italians there and their fashions - high waisted flares and other delightful outfits.
We are off to Madrid now by plane so I am running out of time.
Love to all you poor people back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb