Day 6 : 11 September : Rome to Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
September 11th 2019
Published: June 1st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 : Wednesday 11 September 2019 : Rome to Sorrento

Took the bus (€1.50pp) to the train station – pretty easy Train (AUD120 prebooked) was awesome, fast (300km/hr Frecciarossa) and comfortable. Hardest part was buying the tickets to get from Naples (main station) to Sorrento on the local EAV train. Finally found them at a newsagent (€4pp). Down to the platform and 5 mins before the train, Ella has to wee. We chose to miss the train (although I'm pretty angry) and went to find the toilet. Didn’t bother to rush as we’d missed the train by a long shot. As we come down the stairs, we find out the train has only just pulled out but was packed to the rafters….this could be a challenge with our bags. The next train arrived 5 minutes after and wasn’t very full, so in the end, it was all good, but a crappy train, no air con, no air, metal seats and generally crap.

Didn’t realise it but we walked the back road (main road) to our accommodation which we also struggled to find because it was gated.

Time to look around and we were pleasantly surprised, the main street was gorgeous and had a lovely feel. We chose it simply because it was a convenient base, but very lovely town. Made our way around to look down on the marina and make our way down to the water. Mostly private paid beaches which did not impress us. We were very indignant.

Time for drinks, and some food. More groceries €20.

Ella and I headed out for a walk after tea and as we investigated we found the path that headed down to the Grand Marina, it was beautiful! Have to explore that further tomorrow. Took a quiet path home….hmmm a little too quiet, maybe scary? Anyway, made it back to town.

Excited, ready for Capri tomorrow.

AIRBNB Heart of Sorrento - Casa Louga $145/N

Walked 5kms or 8500 steps and 7 floors. CC €20 Cash €45


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb