Top Three Exciting Things To Do In Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » San Cipriano Picentino
July 5th 2016
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Planning on a vacation trip to Rome? Well, don't miss the fun as this piece lists the top 3 exciting things you should do in Rome.



Visit The Pantheon



The Pantheon, by far, is one of the most attractive buildings in Rome. Of course, Rome is a city that presents itself with a myriad of historical monuments and buildings. However, the Pantheon still manages to stand out of the crowd. Perhaps, the most interesting aspect of this building is the fact that it has remained the same, inside and out, for over 2000 years. Yes, the marble floors present today have been in existence for centuries and centuries. You might have heard a little history about the building, but if you want more than just stories, then the Pantheon should be your first stop during your next trip to Rome. The Pantheon can be visited at any time during the year, and the reason I suggest it as the first stop is that it's better to have a view of what a Roman building really looked like back in the days.




Hang-Out At The Trevi Fountain



The Trevi Fountain is one of the most popular destinations in Rome, and it can be a real pain to visit during the peak tourist season due to the numerous visitors. However, if your aim is not the same as most people, then you will certainly have a good time. See, if you want to struggle your way through the crowds to toss your coin in the water, then you are in for a hard time and frustrations from the many people taking photos and videos. However, you can skip the coin throw and just hang out and watch the massive crowds of individuals doing the ritual over and over. It might not be all that fun, but it's amusing especially when the photographer messes up, and the entire process has to be done all over. If crowds don't scare you, like people-watching and like the view of the fountains, then the Trevi Fountain should be on your list. However, I suggest that you bring your cup or cone from elsewhere if you wish to gulp some gelato as the gelateria near the fountain is quite overpriced and not as good as what you can get for your euro elsewhere.Ideally, it will give you a better feel of the ruins you'll come across during your trip. The cool infographic below of outdoor water fountains showcases some of the finest, including this one.



Take a Tour In The Campo Dei Fiori Markets



Almost every city in Italy has an outdoor market, and Rome is not left behind. Of course, a big city like Rome has multiple markets, but the market at Campo Dei Fiori is one that's really worth your time. The name Campo Dei Fiori might mean “Field of Flowers” but the market has been a major daily food market for over two centuries. It is not only a famous tourist destination but also a place where the locals come to stock their kitchens. The market has nearly all Italian foodstuffs and so, if you are renting an apartment with a kitchen or a hostel, you can visit the market, buy some food and make your own meal right at the heart of Italy. Of course, you should not worry if you don't have a kitchen as you can always interact with the vendors and have a unique picnic lunch. Also, the market is only in the piazza in the mornings, so, don't oversleep, or you will miss it. Ideally, it's wise to read the market rules before purchasing anything.




These are in my opinion top fun things you can do in Rome while having a good time. So, keep them in mind and your trip will be a visit to remember.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb