Day 6 - Capri and Ana Capri Tours


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
August 23rd 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Capri and Ana Capri tours today!!! I'm sorry this is taking me so long to write but so much happened that I could probably write a book about it. I will try not to go into too much detail because the pictures will speak for themselves.

The tour was probably one of the most amazing ventures for all of us. I'm not one for big crowds and being herded like caddle through tiny street packed with busses BUT it was worth it because everything about the tour was spectactular.

We started off on an insnaely early/terrifying cab ride down the mountain side to the city of Sorrento. Sorrento is definitely more spacioius than Positano but its not as high so the view is no where near beautiful. We were also told that Sorrento has an exciting night life full of "shark boys and play boys" to quote both of our cab drivers. From Sorrento we took a boat which was approximately 30 min to the island of Capri and Ana Capri. The tour guide explained that there were four parts to the island. Ana Capri, Capri, Port of Marina Grande and Marina Piccola.

First it started in Anacapri with a gondola ride up the side of the moutain and back down for lunch in Ana Capri. I ordeder fresh ravioli. Delicious. After we were driven to the other half of the island to Capri. We had the option of walking through the garden or checking out the fancy stores and shops. The island is a very popular place for celebrities as many of them have a villa near the Marina Piccola. We didn't to go to that part of the island but we past by in the boat ride around the island at the end of the tour.

The water is so blue!!! I took picture of the water. The guide also explained that the orange you see is coral that only grows in this part of the world. I saw people scuba diving and I cannot be more jealous.

The highlight of the day was the call from the front desk of the hotel. Antonio (the most helpful man we have met so far) offered to change our room from one with a balcony to one with a terrace!! He also offered us free drinks and gave us a bottle of wine on the house. He has been so awesome and our new honorary best friend.

After drinks we walked up to a nice little cafe that over looked the city and ordered pizza. It was an amazing day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb