Day 29 - Pompeii and Positano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
November 7th 2013
Published: November 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Off the Pompeii on the circumvesuviana (wagon!) and into Pompeii Scavi. Took a two and a hour hour guided tour (as we didn't have passports or drivers licence to leave (not that we would have!) as security for the audio self-tour. We had a hoot of a guide and enjoyed the experience but 2.5 hours was definitely enough (that's for more great advice Pasquale). Back on the train to Sorrento, quick coffee and onto the bus to Positano. We didn't arrive until 4.30 and sunset was at 4.54 so was very pleased we took some photos and found the property used in 'Under the Tuscan Sun' (for some inexplicable reason this became a mission for me). Positano is beautiful, stunning, wonderful, and I would have liked at least a day to explore. Back on the bus (excitement as the hillside was on fire), chatted all the way back to Sorrento with a young American woman who was clearly looking for company for dinner. But we had plans to go back to Vino Vera so Pasquale picked us up and after a quick refresh we were off to the ristorante at 8.45 for a delicious dinner. Another full day. So much to see and do, so little time.... and trying to give ourselves downtime as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb