Pompei


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
April 14th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days of vacation were coming to an end, and it was starting to get a little sad. With 2 full days left on our trip, we took a 2 1/2 hour train ride down to Naples and then boarded the Circumvesuviana train down to Pompei. I was pretty excited about seeing the ruins even before I got there, but I wasn't fully prepared for how amazing it would be. When we arrived to Pompei, there were acres and acres of excavated ruins, you could spend up to 8 hours or even more in here! It was getting hot and I have a limited attention span as is, but we ended up spending about 4 hours there. And we even hit most of the 70 highlighted spots.

After all of the walking around in Pompei, we had worked up quite an appetite and went off to go find some food. It was nice to be able to sit down after being on the move for so long. After lunch we didn't waste any time and were off souvenir shopping again. By this point Ly and I were trying to ration our remaining euros so we wouldn't have to change any more money. It was getting pretty rough since there were so many cute souvenirs!

Finally we had had enough and we boarded the train back to Naples. We attempted to explore Naples for a bit but found it cold, scary, and not quite what we had imagined. After some searching, we found a reasonable pizzeria for dinner, so we could say that we ate pizza in the city where it all started.

We caught the 8:30pm train back to Rome and got into Termini station around 11:30pm. We were pretty damn tired at that point but had to finish packing for our flight tomorrow. By 1:00am I was ready to call it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb