Naples here we are


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
June 12th 2015
Published: June 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I woke up at 5.30am and could see Mt Vesuvius we arrived on time at 7am got up had breakfast and headed off the boat escorted by Martha, all the taxi drivers swooped on us as we walked out, we were going to do the hop on hop off but a driver convinced us to take his cab and he would take us to Pompeii and then around the city for a better price, I was a bit nervous about being in a local cab when I saw all the dents and scrapes along the side of his car, but all was good he knew all the quick ways to go, dropped us at Pompeii for 2 hrs, man it is huge it was like a maze it would take a good 3 hrs to walk around, but we only had 2. The volcano erupted in 79AD then they uncovered the city 700 years later, they are still finding more and restoring it to this day, very sad that the people in the city didn't know what was happening and when they did it was too late the volcano erupted 20,000 metres into the air and the village was covered in 60 metres of ash. We went back to the cab and Luigi drove us through the side alleys to see the old Napoli while playing and singing Pavarotti, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra it was great fun, stopped in the middle of the road so we could look at the cathedral it was so huge, nothing like that at home, we zoomed around the crazy streets to see the old and the new then Luigi dropped us back at the ship, I managed to duck into one shop before being dragged out to go back on board, we spent the rest of the day by the pool with strawberry daiquiris flowing freely, Lexie and Mal have the zero cocktails I have obviously the alcohol version.

Dinner was theme party green,white and red, Lexie had her green dress with the white lace and red boots but Mal and I just went smart casual. No show tonight because it was Italian songs so we went bowling with Margot and Jonathan while David packed because they are getting off the ship tomorrow. Sad goodbye it has been good getting to know them, it was still 11pm by the time we went to bed after our tea and coffee in the Top Sail Lounge, every night we come back and our beds are turned down with chocolates on the pillows... Yummy


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Beds turned down on our returnBeds turned down on our return
Beds turned down on our return

It's magic they make our beds and put Lexie's away in the morning and turn them down at night, they even fold our clothes and tidy our room twice a day... Love it


19th June 2015

I knew you'd succumb
Hiya! Sounds like a great trip - I knew you'd succumb to the "club level" life.... Lol!!! There's really no other way to travel!! :-D David and Jonathan sound like a nice couple!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb