Naples, mussels, rain and thank god for Capri!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
August 21st 2005
Published: August 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived...



...How to start, well how about, Naples is a dump!!...it's true...we started off with 8 people at the taxi rank all giving their own view on the way to our appartment, which was funny, especially as i left martin to it!!...

we're staying at the "hotel neapolis", which is very nice, & is going to be well above the rest of our accomation.

Yesterday, out first day, we heading down to the post of molo angioino along with visiting many castle's and sites along the way...we followed this up in traditional style with a few beers back along the way. After a quick shower we headed out for a meal, Martin had a pizza and i orded spag-bol..shame it turned out to be mussels and pasta..which turned out to be very nice.

Today, which is day two of our adventure, we had the great idea of heading over to Capri, shame the weather didnt agree...we got drenched, wondering round Naples, but we did find a Sunday market selling a rage of things, including more musseles!!..we then made out 1st brave desition of the trip and used the under ground to head across Naples, one wrong train and we was there...with the sun finally popping out to play we desided to head over to Capri.

And to be fair, what a good choice, it's such a beautiful island, which we descovered after walking upto the top, got some great camcorder action of it all.

We've just been for a wonderful meal next to where we're staying and is well worth a visit, especially when the old guy gives you so much free food...now off to roll to bed, and set off early tomorrow to Rome.

All in all Naples is a dump, with every footpath and alleyway an area for cars to go down, maybe we did throw ourselves in at the deep end...but it's all worth it just for a few hour trip over to Capri, a friendly and beautiful place.

Hope to see you all soon, but not to quickly...Martin & G

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb