Massa Lubrense and Amalfi Coast..


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Massa Lubrense
July 11th 2010
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A day trip to Massa Lubrense and Amalfi Coast.
It was sunny day, the sun woke up at 5.00 am and me at 6.00 am. We (Me and my Indian friend Pravin) had to catch the train of 8.21 am to Sorrento, it takes around 1 hr 10 min to reach and the fare was 3 Euros 10 cent for the Day ticket by which we can manage to return back the journey on the same day, quite cheap... 😊. We go through the outskirts of Naples - which is still controlled by the mafia and the home of pizza - and around Mt Vesuvius, which erupted in 79 A.D., covering the town of Pompeii in 7 meters of ash. We reached Sorrento around 10.00 am and my flat mate Antonio with car was waiting for us.
He picked us from train station and drove to the beautiful coastal region of Sorrento. Travelling in Italy is, at the same time, both extremely frustrating and hilarious.
Driving on the large freeways that connect the different parts of the Italy is like being a speedway driver in some sort of kamikaze death race. The easiest way that we found to deal with driving was to treat the speed limits as a bare minimum rather than a maximum.
On the motorway you can spot the born and bred Italian’s with ease: they will drive for miles straddling 2 lanes, then with indicators constantly on, faster cars will race up behind anyone slower in the fast lane, and sit literally 3ft from the bumper of the car in front.
It’s hilarious to watch until it happens to you.
We managed to reach his home till the early 11.00 am. We walked through his garden and met the female dog Luna(** photos**), Antonio's brother Giovanni and his mother(***name?***). We had good time at his home and had full lunch (***write the dishes and photos***). During lunch I received an unexpected call, the most awaited call... 😱 😉
Then around 4.00 pm, we left to have a evening drive through the Amalfi coast and surrounding places.
Massa Lubrense on the south coast of the Peninsula of Sorrento. do not have the city

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb