Old men in speedos


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
July 6th 2005
Published: July 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today was our second full day on the Amalfi coast. Yesterday we stayed here in Positano and went down to the beach. We rented some lounge chairs, you have to here, since the beaches are all rocks. The weather was really nice, the sun was hot but the water was nice and refreshing. We had lunch down at the beach restaurant, I think the waiter wanted to go home with us. Unfortunately, he was not the hot waiter from Monterossa, but rather a 70 year-old man, not quite the Italian guy we had in mind. There was also a rather old man in a very tiny speedo on the chair next to us, not pleasant, but very common here.
After the beach, we walked back up to our room, which, despite the hills is not actually a bad walk, helps to make up for all the gelato. We went out to dinner at a really pretty restaurant overlooking the water. We met a bunch of Americans there, from Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania. We also met another very friendly old Italian man, Antonio, who talked to us the whole time. Then he waited for us to leave and walked out with us, luckily, we were able to lose him by taking the steep stairs.
Today we took the boat over to Capri. We were planning on going to the beach, but once we got down there, it started raining (again!) so we just had lunch and came back on the bus into town. We walked around and went into the shops, which was fun, even though most of them were pretty expensive. Capri is definitely a great place to people watch!! We stopped at a bar and had a few drinks, they actually had margaritas there. Then we had gelato and came back down to catch the boat back. The island was very pretty, I would like to go back when the weather was a little better. We walked back up from the beach again, and stopped for dinner at one of the restaurants near our hotel. Luckily, Antonio did not find us there. We came back to the room pretty early, for us, I guess we're pretty tired from being outside for the last 2 days. Tomorrow we're probably going to take the boat over to Almalfi to check out those beaches, hopefully the weather will cooperate!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb