Italy Fagnano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Calabria » Cosenza
August 10th 2010
Published: August 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's day 10 of our trip and so far everything is going great. Today is a rest day as we have been going out every day then out at night too.
Will start from the beginning as per my diary.
Friday July 30 2010.
The day has arrived we are off to Italy today. Bags are packed and Miles the cat is organised. Plane is delayed by 2hrs due to fog in Sydney and Brisbane.
Dramas at Airport. Security Alert on mine and Michaels passport! What the? Bags have been sent to Rome not Lamezia...... keep smiling!
Cathay Lounge totally awesome thanks to my good friend Regan. Arrived Hongkong flight good but tiring. Have a 2hr wait before our connecting flight. Mum fell asleep on the floor, Gabriel on the chair. Michael had coffee with Armando and Denise Francesca facebooked her friends. Boarded plane at midnight. Took the sleeping tablets dr prescribed and only slept for a few hours. Such a long uncomfortable flight. Arrived Rome 7 am 31 july have a 7 hour wait for our plane to Lamezia. Dramas with the luggage again and also the seating now! Such a busy airport... Armando keeps getting search, body bags you name it.. haha.
Francesca has a pair of nail scissors (by accident) in her bag and they haven't detected it anywhere...Armando has nothing and he is stopped constantly!. Arrived Lamezia and Armando had to have his bag searched AGAIN!
Saw uncle otto-he started crying when he saw dad and dad cried too. Remo came along to pick us up with Andrea my cousin and Genaro Michaels cousin. Hired 2 cars a peugot and a fiat. Drive to Fagnano interesting. Such beautiful weather!!! Arrived fagnano about 6pm evening checked into hotel and it's truly beautiful. Renovation is fantastic! The hotel is at the Pondo and is owned and run by my cousin Guiseppe and his wife Valentina. It's called Hotel Moderno. Drove out to uncle ottos for dinner.
Armando is absolutely gobsmacked!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb