My own Spring Break


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia
April 13th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

DuomoDuomoDuomo

Here is the cathedral in Brindisi
So i didn't like the week that they gave us for Spring Break, so I decided to take my own week off and I went down to the South of Italy, to the region of Puglia. We went originally because Fabio was the sponsor to his nephew for his confirmation, and also because he had to vote, as the government here fell back in January. We went and spent most of our time in Brindisi, eating lots and lots of food. But we also made it to Ostuni "the white city" and to Lecce --- the last stop on the trains. Someone had given his mother a CRATE of artichokes, so we had artichokes in every way imaginable! fried artichokes, artichoke soup, artichokes with potatoes... the list goes on and on. On the way back up, we stopped by his brother's house in le Marche, the first place I visited in Italy last summer. We walked around the towns there, and also ate amazingly! There, you can see the mountain ranges, and the ocean at the same time. It was absolutely beautiful and I can't even describe it. You have to let the pictures tell you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

MonumentMonument
Monument

moment for fallen soldiers I believe
MonumentMonument
Monument

This one is for all of the sailors
Simone and MeSimone and Me
Simone and Me

Here is Fabio's nephew and I when we were walking through Brindisi...
The SouthThe South
The South

Fabio made me take this saying that this is the typical scene of the south of Italy
BrindisiBrindisi
Brindisi

I took this as we were walking through; you can already notice the difference between this town and one from the North. Streets, architecture, etc.
OstuniOstuni
Ostuni

This picture is from the train... sad that the weather was bad!
OstuniOstuni
Ostuni

a church in Ostuni...
Sunset Pugliese-style Sunset Pugliese-style
Sunset Pugliese-style

You have to look, but there is actually ocean behind it. It is pretty cool that you can barely tell the difference between the sky and the ocean.
LecceLecce
Lecce

This pole is something that the people from Lecce stole from Brindisi... so there is only one in Brindisi, and that one is supposed to signal the end of Via Appia, which is a road that connects Rome to Brindisi...
LecceLecce
Lecce

Their colosseum I guess
mmm frittura mista! mmm frittura mista!
mmm frittura mista!

Nothing like mixed fried sea food!
Breakfast in BrindisiBreakfast in Brindisi
Breakfast in Brindisi

The barrista made this cappuccinos for us! how cute huh?


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb