May 3rd – last full day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Manfredonia
May 7th 2015
Published: May 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Given up on the charger...still hopeful of inner peace especially as the cheapo wine had no adverse effects unless it has a delay fuse

Didn't do an awful lot in the morning apart from potter about. In the afternoon we had another lovely walk on the beach which was deserted again. When we arrived backa few cars were coming in for what we discovered was a 50th birthday party in the restaurant – mucho music & dancing. The Italians from what we have seen go in for a lot of group dancing, modern day versions of the Gay Gordons...

We had a look at the maps to get a handle on the next leg across Greece. We'd forgotten, but the chap next door, another friendly Dutchman, reminded us to check our Euro stocks as the ATMs may be empty...as may many of the provincial banks. I have brought some Drachma from 1975 as I had a strong suspicion they may come in useful whilst we were away in the event of the Grexit. I'm probably a millionaire....call me Onassis.



Went for a meal in the restaurant instead of cooking on our final night here. Some more cheap wine – the red was really full & hearty - & most things were off the menu because of the party. What was left was lasagne – I'm not normally a great fan but it was knock you down smashing. It had a layer of parma ham in – maybe that was the secret. The lady asked if it was nice & I replied 'bellisima' & gave her the 'ok' sign with thumb & index finger – she looked more than a bit flummoxed....I think it has a different meaning over here...ooops! I leave it to you to work it out...





A relatively early night to be bright & bushy for the morning for our 230km trip down to Brindisi via the supermarket, the ferry sails at 8pm, so plenty of time. Cathy had the foresight to bring the neck pillows we use on the plane – there were no cabins available on board so we booked two courgettes...or is it couchettes? Either way, neither are particularly comfortable to sleep on.. Also realised that I know 2 words of Greek - & hopefully only one will come in useful – afgaristos for thank you (afgaristos Lizzie) & chaos.... - 2 singers & 1 rich man. More charades....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb